To help students relax during the final week of the semester, United Students Government (USG) will provide fun, stress-relieving activities at Relaxation Night, Monday, December 8, from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. in the Campbell Student Union.
"We know this is a stressful time for students and want to encourage them to get out, be with their friends, and relieve stress through healthy options," said Paul Madrigal, wellness and prevention coordinator for Weigel Health Center.
Held each semester, this long-running event not only provides students with ways to unwind during a hectic time, it also provides information on how to live a healthier lifestyle year-round.
Activities scheduled for Relaxation Night:
- Oxygen bar by Student Life
- Caricatures by Student Life
- Chair massages (8:00–10:00 p.m.)
- "Big Chair” photos by USG
- Cotton candy
- Hydration station (water, tea, and hot chocolate) by Weigel Health Promotions
- Art therapy, stress-ball making, nail and face painting by Weigel Health Promotions
- "The Weigel Nurse Is In," question and answer session about Weigel Health Center and services
- Yogurt Bar by RHA
- Book crafts with E. H. Butler Library
- Healthy snacks
- Music from WBNY-FM 91.3
- CRAGG Dance Tournament (in Game Room 105G)
- IGA-sponsored raffle for Microsoft Xbox: one console, Assassin's Creed (in Game Room)
The events Funded by USG through the mandatory student activity fee. Co-sponsored by Weigel Health Center for Health Promotions, Student Life Office, Residence Hall Association, E. H. Butler Library, and the Buffalo State Nutrition Club.
A pancake breakfast will follow, 11:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m. in the Resident Dining Hall.